When Things Change: OOTA Poets
Things have changed, and this event is now at Moana Hall, upstairs 618 Hay Street.
Sunday 20 September
2-4pm (I’m on first, so be early!)
Cash bar available
Queries: OOTA on Facebook or ootawriters at gmail dot com.
- Rita Tognini
- Yvonne Patterson
- Laurie Smith
- Rose Van Son
- Kevin Gillam
- Gail Willems
- Fran Graham
- Vivienne Glance
- Tineke Van der Eecken
Poetry workshop in Perth: Writing for the Ear
A rare opportunity to write with me!
10:30am-1:30pm, 25 July 2020
WA Poets Inc (WAPI), Bon Marche Arcade, 74-80 Barrack Street, Perth 6000
$20 for WAPI members, $25 non-members
Limit of 18 people.
Thomas Campion (1567-1620) said that poetry is “a system of linked sounds”. Dylan Thomas said he wrote for the ear, rather than the eye. By example, discussion and experiment, we will discover how contemporary poets use the music of language to affect the reader’s consciousness.
- Different kinds of pause and silence
- Types of line break and their effects
- Consonance, assonance and rhyme, and their effects
- An introduction to the principles underlying rhythm and cadence in English-language poetry
Book here: https://www.trybooking.com/BKHRS
COVID-19 safety procedures in place:
- Attendance limit: 18
- Hand sanitiser provided
- Venue cleaned prior to event
- Venue set up to maximise social distancing
- Coffee/tea available in paper cups, or bring your own cup/drink
- List of attendants kept through TryBooking , in the event of contact tracing being necessary
Poetry Zooms are awesome! I’m the featured guest in Perth Poetry Club‘s online gathering on 20 June.
Plus open mike.
20 June 2020
2-4pm WST Perth time
4-6pm EST Melbourne/Sydney/Canberra time
Poetry zoom details for Perth Poetry Club:
Poetry Zoom Meeting Link
Meeting ID: 942 971 412